Typer theme comes with plugins required to be installed for the theme to work fluently. With this regard, most users may want to access the plugins in a different language depending on the site’s traffic flow. In certain scenarios you may notice that a lot of your traffic is coming from another language speaking country. Due to this you may need to offer your site in that language. Some of the key features your typer theme site may have are supported by developed by Seventhqueen and by other developers. This tutorial will illustrate how to translate such plugins with Loco Translate.
Step 1- Installing Loco plugin
To achieve this, WordPress users need to get the Loco translate plugin installed.You can find the plugin for free at the WordPress plugin directory therefore,
- To install the Loco Translate plugin head over to your site’s Dashboard > Plugins >Add New
- Next simply search Loco and it should appear
- Then click on “Install Now” and then “Activate”
Step 2- Select The Plugin To Translate
After installing the loco plugin you need to choose the plugin that you want to translate. You will notice that the Loco Translate settings are on the left sidebar of your WordPress panel.
- To do this, go to Loco Translate > Plugins
- On the next page you should then select the “SQ or Typer Plugin” that you need to translate. In this case we selected the Typer Pro
Step 3- Sample Translation To Spanish
Once you click on the preferred Typer plugin you should then be redirected to a page that prompts you to choose a New Language.
- Therefore click on New Language
- On the next page select your preferred language under “WordPress Language ”
- Below it you need to “Choose a Location” in this case we selected “Custom”. This is where your files are saved
- Once done, click on Start Translating
Step 4 – Translate Strings
This shall then take you to the editor section where it pulls various Strings from the typer plugin for you to translate to your selected language.
- In each string you need to translate from the usual language (English) to your preferred language you’re translating to (Spanish)
- Once done with all the Strings ensure you click on “Save”
- In case you know a specific string you can always search it in the filter translation section
Step 5- Change Text To Different Meaning
As done with the translation section, one can also change a string or text within the “Typer” plugin in order to have a different meaning in the same language.
- To do so, head back to the plugins section under Loco > Plugins and select the Typer plugin
- Then, hit on New Language again and select your language on the next page. In this case we chose (English)
- Next choose the text you want to change and type in the new String you want to use under the language you selected
- Once done click on Save for changes to take effect