In order to update SweetDate theme manually, you will need an FTP client, such as FileZilla, Transmit or else any other FTP software/ hosting panel that you might still be using.
Important: Before carrying out any changes, we highly recommend that you carry out a full backup to the site. Here is an article on how to carry out backups to your site: How to backup your Website. Using a plugin would be much easier.
The manual method is slightly different from performing automatic updates.
For this method, you will need to follow the steps below in order to update the theme accordingly:
- Go to http://themeforest.net/downloads and download the latest version of Sweetdate theme
- Unzip the zip file you have downloaded and extract the sweetdate.zip file to your computer.
To ensure that you extract the correct zip file, please check on as to whether you are in a position to view the style.css file in the root of the files.
- Login into your website via the FTP program or hosting control panel you are using and navigate into the directory path ~/wp-content / themes/
- Rename the current sweetdate theme folder to sweetdate_old
- Upload the new sweetdate folder you extracted at point 2 above (Make sure the folder you upload is named ‘sweetdate‘)
- Clear your site and browser cache and preview the site from the front-end.