The Seeko Search plugin is used to find different members in the site depending on various filters. These filters are included in the search option as form fields. Only members who meet the specific information are shown in the results search page. In this tutorial, you will find out how to incorporate search fields in your Seeko homepage dating site. Below are some of the steps to follow.
To begin with, ensure that the BuddyPress and Seeko Search plugins are both installed and activated from your theme panel. To access this simply do the following
- From your dashboard access the Seeko panel by going to dashboard>> Appearance >> Seeko panel.
- Under the panel, access the add-ons tab and ensure these plugins are active: BuddyPress, Seeko Search.
- More so ensure that you have the Elementor plugin installed and active.
Next you need to create the Search form or edit an existing one. In the creation process you can define your search fields and customize other settings. To achieve this go to:
- From your dashboard access the Seeko forms by going to dashboard>> Settings >> Seeko forms.
- Under the forms page you can either create a form or edit an existing form according to your decision.
- Once the form is created, give the form a specific title, then toggle on the members search button.
- At the filter options is where you add the form fields according to your best fit. The common fields include: (I Am a, Looking for a, Age, Status and Country).
- At the right hand side also toggle ON the modal loading of the Seeko search form.
- Leave everything else as default and save your form settings.
From here you need to add the created search form into your main page. For this, we use the Elementor builder plugin. Therefore you can simply edit the homepage of your dating site with Elementor. To achieve this follow the points below:
- From your dashboard access the homepage by going to Dashboard>> Pages >> All pages.
- In the pages section look for the imported homepage named “Home dating”, which should be set as the frontpage too.
- Simply click on Edit with Elementor.
Once in the Elementor page you will find several layout sections on the page. The search form should be located on the left side. Just below the title “Find your Love”. To edit it, click on the pencil icon and edit the settings. There are three templates which include, the default, the inline and the modal template Next you can choose the context to display in the search results. This can be either members or groups. You can also edit the call to action button which by default is denoted as “Seek your partner” The styling of the button can also be customized. Simply save your settings and preview your changes.